How to set up email in Outlook 2011 for Mac
User Name :
Your user name is your full email address
Incoming Server : mail.yourdomain.co.za
Ports : IMAP 993 / POP 995
Outgoing Server : mail.yourdomain.co.za
Port : SMTP 465
Replace example.com with your domain name
Check your password
- First, check your password by browsing to Webmail and trying to log in. If you aren’t able to log in, then you have the incorrect password. Forgotten passwords can be reset in your control panel – you will need to get your domain or web administrator to update it for you if you don’t have control panel access.
- Launch Outlook for Mac
- Select Tools from the top menu bar and then Accounts…
Add an Account
- Select the E-mail Account option
Enter your account information
- Enter all the relevant details:
- If you don’t know your password, reset it in your control panel.
- Ensure that the User Name is the full email address in lower case.
- Choose IMAP or POP according to your preference.
- Incoming server: add mail. before your domain name e.g. mail.example.com*
- tick Use SSL to connect
- Port is 993 for IMAP or 995 for POP
- Outgoing server: add mail. before your domain name
- Port is 465 (you may need to click “override default port” to change this)
- Tick Use SSL to connect
- Click Add Account
- All settings should be correct on this screen – choose More Options
- Note: If there is an option “Always use secure password”, this should remain unticked
- Settings for SMTP server:
Select User Name and Password for Authentication
- Enter in your User name (full email address) and password then select OK
* Note: In isolated cases mail.domain (e.g. mail.example.com) won’t work. In these cases you will need to use the server name instead
You have completed your account setup
Your Outlook mail program should now be set up to send and receive mail.